This week’s guest is Billy Taylor. Billy is a Senior Operations Executive at Goodyear and is known worldwide for his work in operational excellence. Also famous for his storytelling abilities, Billy shared some truly powerful anecdotes with us. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- A quote that inspires Billy (1:56)
- Billy’s background (3:07)
- Some powerful anecdotes (5:01)
- Why Billy handed out jerseys (11:43)
- How the facility did after he left (14:09)
- Working in a union environment (14:30)
- Leadership as it relates to parenthood (20:52)
- Billy’s thoughts on kata (23:58)
- What Billy would tell his younger self (25:29)
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Should standards be treated liked monuments? Why or why not?